As an Android smartphone user, you might have faced lagging or sluggish performance issues while playing games or doing multitasking. You are not alone facing this problem, there are plenty of complaints regarding this issue with Android smartphones. Basically, this problem occurs due to lack of RAM on your smartphone. But you can not change your smartphone again and again for solving this issue. In such circumstances what to do to solve this problem? Well, we have got the perfect solution for you. Today in this detailed guide you are going to learn how to increase RAM of Android phone from SD Card. Sounds interesting right?
Most of us have an SD card in our smartphone for more storage. But most of the time there remains some empty space in our SD card which we never use. Do you know we can use that empty space to increase the RAM of our smartphone and make it faster than ever? Below you are going to learn how to do the same, so keep reading carefully.
How to increase RAM of Android phone from SD Card:
There are basically 2 different methods to expand RAM on Android smartphone:-
- Method No.1 – By Using Apps
- Method No.2- By doing some manual tweaks
You might have seen some apps in Google Play store or some 3rd party apps which promise to increase RAM and performance of your device but they are all are just waste of time. Yes, there are some apps which work very well and below we have shared information about some apps which really works.
Method No.1 | By using Apps:
ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) is an amazingly useful app using which you can expand the RAM of your Android device. Basically, this app converts the empty space of the SD card into RAM and speed up the system. So, apart from storing music, videos, files etc you can now able to use your SD card to increase RAM easily.
This is a premium app which you can download from Google Play store and install on your device. You can expand the RAM up to 4GB using this app and there are no limitations of SWAP partition. Within this app itself, you can see the memory details and analyze device performance. It has an option of one click optimization as well auto calculation too. Apart from that, it has foolproof usage option, autorun, PNP Swapp widget etc. So, you can take an idea how useful this app is.
Others available apps:
- Smart RAM Booster: This is a useful app for giving an instant boost to the performance of your phone. It has a widget on the homescreen for one-tap speed up and cache cleaning. It will show you all the details of which app is creating cache etc. You can scan junk folders and clean them up to boost memory and performance.
- Memory Booster: Using this app you can analyze the phone’s memory usage at a glance. It has one live chart to track RAM usage of your smartphone. Using the quick boost option you can boost the phone performance with a single click. Like the previously mentioned app, it also has Cache cleaner to speed up your phone’s performance instantly. You can create a home screen shortcut with the help of widget where you can tap once to clean unused stuff or cache easily.
- Clean Master: A very popular app for cleaning junk from your Android device and improve performance. It doesn’t matter which kind of junk is there in your phone like Photo, thumbnails, cache, ads etc. it will clean everything and make your device bullet fast again. This app also has a widget support for 1 tap cleaning and boosting RAM.
- DU Speed booster: Another great app with 1 tap optimization option to improve the performance of your device instantly. You can scan and trash unnecessary files which are consuming space and responsible for the lag in performance. It also comes with security option for protection against mobile risks.
Method No.2 | By doing some manual tweaks
For this second method, there are some requirements which you must have. Make sure your device has a MicroSD card of Class 4 or better is inserted, an SD card reader, a laptop or PC and your device (phone/tablet) must be rooted.
The very first thing you need to keep in mind is that your smartphone must support swapping.
But the question is how to check Swapping support of your phone? For that, you need to download and install Memory Info & Swapfile Check app on your smartphone and check.
If your device support swapping function then next you have to do partition of the SD card which is inserted inside your device. For the partition, you need to visit here and download partition wizard tool on your PC. After that, insert the SD card into a card reader and connect with your PC where the partition tool is installed.
Next open the Mini Tool on your PC and click on the Delete option which will format the MicroSD card and it will create free space there. Now, create partition there simply by right clicking within the SD card. Make sure you make the partition as Primary if your card is more than 4GB then make the file system as FAT32 and after that keep 1GB of space for other partition.
Now cllick on the Done option and click on the “make partition” and change the system like EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4. That’s it you have succefully completed the partition process.
Next you need to link the SD card with your device which is rooted. For that you have download Link2SD app from Google Play Store.
After installing this app open it and give root permission and select .ext partition which you have made in the previous step and start linking process.
Step No. 5
Now finally it’s time to boost RAM of your device. You need to install one last app named as Swapper for Root and its all up to you how much RAM you wnat to boost which will automatically create .swp file to boost RAM of your Android device.
This is how you can increase RAM of Android phone by following the simple steps mentioned above. We can understand that this is a lengthy process but once you done with it you won’t be facing any sluggish performance on your device. The second method needs rooted android device but if you do not wish to root your phone then I have also mentioned some free apps which will make Android smartphone faster and boost your smartphones performance for sure.