ShareIt is a must have Application these days. It supports in mostly all known platforms, and it is said that it is the fastest file sharing platform in the world. It is owned by Lenovo. Sharing files was a mess before Share It came in the market and completely changed it forever. So today I am going to share Shareit for Ubuntu method. Now sharing very easy and convenient as compared to past time. But there is significant problem in this Application like most of the Application out there that it is only available for smartphones, not for Windows or Mac and Ubuntu.
Now, I need to admit that this is a big problem why you can’t access such great Application in Windows or Mac and Ubuntu? This is for sure that it needs a solution and that also without wasting any time. First, let’s check some useful features of ShareIt to understand its benefits properly.
Features of ShareIt For Ubuntu –
1. ShareIt uses WiFi technology to share files. So, no need of internet connection to share your files anywhere and everywhere.
2. The sharing is done cross-platform. Which means you can share stuff to different platforms like Smartphones, tablets, PC, laptops and Mac.
3. It is called the fastest file sharing Application in the world. It 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
4. Any type of file can be transferred like songs, video songs, photos, movies, Apks and PDFs.
5. It can be connected to your PC too, and then it can lot of other tasks like playing music and viewing photos of your Smartphone on your computer and controlling your PPTs of your computer by your Smartphone.
6. You can also replicate your old data to your new smartphone very quickly. All the data like songs, messages, contacts, photos and videos.
7. It is way better than file sharing counterparts like Xender and Software cable in terms of speed, performance, and reliability
We can use a method to use shareIt in Ubuntu, but what we have to do is find out the most easiest one. So lets starlight to the method.
ShareIt For Ubuntu
When the purpose is to use Android Application in Computer the first method comes in our mind is to use an Android emulator and that it is 100% true because we’re going to do the same today. But we’re not going to use BlueStacks. I know you are thinking that there is no other trusted Android emulator other than BlusStacks, but relax guys there is one Emulator which will be better then BlueStacks for this purpose and the name of the emulator is GenyMotion.
GenyMotion is a great emulator which is easy to use and can be customized.
Features of GenyMotion –
- GenyMotion is full of Plugins and testing tools like Eclipse, Android Studio and Android SDK tools.
- You can check that which Application is sucking how much battery from your device. That facility is quite handy.
- There is a feature of GPS from which you can check your Geo-location Apps.
- Genymotion works on different platforms like Linux, Windows, Mac OS X.
- You can test your website in different web browsers like Firefox, webkit and much more more.
- It provides unlimited Application installations.
- GenyMotion Application has a very rare feature which is very difficult to find in any emulator that it supports all Android versions.
- It provides emulation to more than 40 devices and more than 3000 Android configurations.
- The most Interesting feature is that you can clone and reset the content which is available inside your device without harming it.
1. First of all, you have to download and install Genymotion and then you need to sign up and then you have to log in the GenyMotion website and then download the GenyMotion machine readerer which will be dependent on the build you’re using (32 or 64).
2. Now you have to go to the terminal in your Linux by typing Ctrl+A+T.
3. Now you have to navigate to the directly where the download GenyMotion image is present.
4. Now type or directly copy the commands which are mentioned below to the terminal.
chmod +x genymotion-2.1.0_x64.bin
5. GenyMotion will be installed now. Run GenyMotion from the Menu. Now you have to register yourself by clicking on Add button.
6. Then you will see many images of Android Applications. You have to select the image of ShareIt and then click on play button or you can install it manually Thus the Application will be implemented and the ShareIt Application will open. Now you can freely use it.
Thus, was the first method to use shareIt Application in Ubuntu.
Why it is needful –
The method I described is very needful and that also for one prominent reason that Ubuntu is becoming popular day by day and adding new subscribers. So, some method is necessary to be made from which Android Application can be used in Ubuntu and Linux platforms just like Windows.
Such method will encourage people to use different Operating systems other than just Window and Mac. Because those operating systems are very underrated and should be recognized though, they also have some great features to counter Windows and Mac. Especially, because their such kind of versatile emulators which are avaible lie GenyMotion which provided a great platform where Ubuntu and Linux is provided more importance then Windows or Mac
Final Words –
So it was all about how to get Shareit on Ubuntu. Finally, I have to tell you that you can blindly trust on both the methods. Both of them are completely working, safe, secure and ban free. If you follow the above-provided instructions properly then you won’t face any problems in applying both the methods. One more thing which is very important that you don’t any other emulator for the methods other then GenyMotion, because any other Application won’t be compatible for ShareIt.