If you are using a 3G Android phone but want to access the features of Jio SIM on your 3G phone then let us help you with that. Jio is offering many unique features at an affordable price which you won’t get on any other network. Jio is basically a 4G sim so you won’t be able to use it directly on your 3G compatible Android phone. Here you will get all the tricks of how to use Jio sim in 3G phone easily.
In the present day, Jio is the leading 4G internet service provider in India with unlimited call facility. This service was available for free of cost until April 2017 but recently they have started to charge some amount which is still affordable. The amount is very less compared to the other network providers but the main problem is Jio has only 4G service. If you want to access the features of Jio, you will be needed a 4G handset unless you have to know the tricks of using Jio in a 3G phone.
Also check out English MP3 Download Websites.
How to use Jio Sim in 3G Android phone?
You can use Jio sim in your 3G Android devices but to use it your device must fulfill some criteria. If you directly insert a Jio sim on your 3G phone, it won’t work. Before using the methods make sure your device has Android version 4.4 or above along with a MediaTek chipset.
Note: One thing you must know before applying this tricks that it can damage your device if not done properly, so try this at your own risk.
- In this method, first, you need to download and install MTK engineering mode on your device.
- Once it is installed, open it and you will see two options; select ‘MTK settings’.
- Then you can see another option, select ‘preferred network’ option.
- There are some options like 4G or LTE/ WCDAMA/ GSM and LTE/GSM/ CDMA auto (PRL) option. You can select any from this two.
- Save all the settings and restart your phone. After restarting you can see Jio network on your device.
- Turn on your mobile data to enjoy unlimited 3G in 4g speed.
This is how you can enjoy Jio services on your 3G phone using the simple method. Now, if this method did not work for you then don’t worry, below I have shared the 2nd method. Check it below:
Method No. 2
- In this method, you can use a Jio sim on your 3G Android phone by downloading Xorware 2G or 3G or4G interface pro & switcher apps. These apps are very small in size and you can get them from the third party or from Google Play store also.
- Once the app is downloaded open Xorware interface and there you will find 2G and 3G network modes. You need to change both 2G and 3G to 4G (LTE) mode.
- Click on the apply to save the changes and restart your smartphone. Now insert your Jio sim on it and turn it on. You can start using the Jio sim by turning on the data connection.
Another easy method shared above. Again if this method didn’t work for you then nothing to panic. Check out the 3rd method below:
Method No. 3
- In this method, you will have to use a Jio sim on 3G Android smartphone only if the phone uses a Snapdragon processor. It works fine in most of the Samsung phones.
- First, you need to download the MTK engineering mode app. You can download this app on Google play store.
- Go to your phone’s Android settings, select network settings. From the preferred network, you have to select LTE/ GSM/ CDMA.
- Turn off the phone, insert your Jio sim in slot number one and turn on the device. If you see the Jio network that means your device is ready for using Jio sim.
We hope your problem is already solved. If not then check out the 4th method which should work for you.
Method No. 4
- This method is applicable for the Redmi, Micromax, Karbonn & Lava phones. This is the easiest method. You need to open your phone dialer and enter the code: *#*#4636#*#*.
- It will show you 4 options. You need to select phone information.
- There have to select mode of the network and you have to select your network to LTE and you are done.
After all the above mentioned methods, if any of the methods didn’t work for you then we have the last available option for you. We are damn sure this is going to work for you without any issues. But it might cost you some money.
Method No. 5
If you want to enjoy Jio sim services on your old 3G Android device without upgrading it then you can do it by spending only 1000-2500 bucks. All you need to do is to buy a 4g modem. You can insert you Jio sim on it and connect to the internet via wifi. The best thing is using a 4g modem you will enjoy getting 4G internet speed on your 3G android smartphone.
You also can buy Jio’s own product JioFi. In this modem, ou will be able to get many special offers of jio. Apart from using the internet via hotspot, you can make calls using this device which is not possible with other devices. The only drawback of this device is you won’t be able to other sim cards on this device.
People normally upgrade to a 4G device just to access all the features of jio sim as jio provides unlimited free calling and the internet. If you can enjoy a Jio sim on 3G Android phone without spending a single penny, what else you need. By following the above mentioned methods you will be able to use a jio sim in the 3G Android device. All the mentioned methods worked for us and we hope one of these methods will definitely work for you too. Do let us know which method worked for you and how much speed you are getting from it.